William L. Finger
Bill Finger has practiced in the area of Environmental Law for over twenty years. Prior to earning his law degree from the University of Florida, Mr. Finger earned a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Wildlife Ecology, and a Master of Forest Resources and Conservation, with an emphasis on natural resource policy and economics, both from the University of Florida. This strong applied science background gives Mr. Finger the ability to comprehend, evaluate and interpret science based issues and to work efficiently with environmental professionals and agency personnel, which is critical in the practice of environmental law.
Mr. Finger began his legal career with Martin, Ade, Birchfield & Mickler, where he established their environmental law practice. Bill continued his practice as a partner with Mahoney Adams & Criser, which subsequently merged with McGuire Woods, before opening his own firm in 1999. Bill has extensive experience representing landowners, businesses, potential purchasers and institutional lenders in all aspects of environmental compliance, due diligence and Brownfield Redevelopment.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (1990, with honors, Order of the Coif)
- University of Florida, Master of Forest Resources and Conservation (1987)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Wildlife Ecology (1986, with honors)
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2010 – 2013)
- Jacksonville Magazine – Jacksonville’s Best Lawyers (2010 – 2013)
- Lecturer – Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Section
- Lecturer – Florida Chamber of Commerce Environmental Permitting Seminar